- 1 Zoology A pattern of mating in which a female has only one mate at a time.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These females were prevented from remating and hence experienced forced monandry.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All species studied are monandrous orchids, therefore the number of pollen presented in the Table 2 corresponds to the number of pollen grains per flower.
- Longevity of monandrous females was not related to female body weight, nor was there any relationship between degree of polyandry and female body weight.
- It is a predominantly monandrous species in which a reduced frequency of polyandry has proved to be modulated by both genetic and environmental or physiological factors.
mid 19th century: from mono- 'single', on the pattern of words such as polyandry.
Más definiciones de monandryDefinición de monandry en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.