- The religious pillars, of course, are the clergy and monastic orders.
- Most Theravada monks live as part of monastic communities.
- Today we'll hear from two Buddhists, who lived a monastic life, and also left it after some years.
- Music is, by implication, a solitary and almost monastic pursuit, one unabashedly privileged over friendship or love.
- Having had a good day of golf and wine with the two Jims and myself, he retired to his room in the monastic student hall of residence.
- The Armenian Quarter is a little known part of the city and its stone passages and cloisters give it a secluded, monastic air.
- Weber's texts also employ the typology to distinguish the asceticism of medieval monastics from that of Calvinism.
- What does the tradition itself say about regulating the behavior of monastics?
- While seldom scholars or even clerics, these monastics turned the desert into a city.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Tigre people have a sacred artistic tradition within Christianity that includes music (directed by monastically trained men) as well as Biblical illumination, scroll making, and icon painting.
- Some rooms are monastically small.
- Paring form and materiality down to its monastically rigorous bare bones, this new apartment in Milan is a sensuous synthesis of big spaces and ethereal light.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Following closely to this preoccupation with asceticism was monasticism which spread with incredible rapidity.
- Rejected by Luther is the idea that some occupations, such as the priesthood or monasticism, are spiritually superior to others, such as parenting.
- Celtic Christianity in the sixth through tenth centuries was characterized by its extreme asceticism, its love of learning, and its distinctive monasticism.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'anchoritic'): from late Latin monasticus, from Greek monastikos, from monazein 'live alone'.
Palabras que riman con monasticbombastic, drastic, dynastic, ecclesiastic, elastic, encomiastic, enthusiastic, fantastic, gymnastic, iconoclastic, mastic, neoplastic, orgastic, orgiastic, periphrastic, plastic, pleonastic, sarcastic, scholastic, scholiastic
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: mo¦nas|tic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.