- A misunderstood or misinterpreted word or phrase resulting from a mishearing of the lyrics of a song.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So I listened to it several times, wondering if my perception of it might be a mondegreen.
- Of course, you want to make sure that you don't become the victim of a mondegreen: that's a misheard lyric to you and me.
- It's not a mondegreen because the mis-construal is not part of a song or poem or similar performance.
1950s: from Lady Mondegreen, a misinterpretation of the phrase laid him on the green, from the traditional ballad ‘The Bonny Earl of Murray’.
Más definiciones de mondegreenDefinición de mondegreen en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.