Definición de monk seal en inglés:
A seal with a dark back and pale underside, occurring in warm waters of the northern hemisphere.
- Genus Monachus, family Phocidae: two or three species, including the endangered M. monachus of the Mediterranean and adjacent seas
- Under the U.S. Endangered Species Act, the Hawaiian monk seal has had some of its coastal habitat protected.
- Hawaii may have no native terrestrial mammals, but the islands do harbor one native aquatic mammal, the monk seal, and one native flying mammal, the hoary bat.
- Thanks to a courageous conservation project, the critically endangered Mediterranean monk seal's future looks much brighter.
Definición de monk seal en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan