- A single eyeglass, kept in position by the muscles around the eye.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The knight was now looking around through a single monocle at all the boys passing by, sizing one up for a leader.
- His eyes were a raven black and one eye wore a monocle that was positioned across his nose.
- Finally, out of its leather pouch came his monocle - a plain lens in a rolled gold double rim.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That hasn't stopped the monocled Crown Prince, whose opulent lifestyle includes a multi-million-dollar mansion.
- The monocled gentlemen at America's top nut factory developed a tempting canned nut medley: Planter's Mixed Nuts.
- The woman who sat across from Price in the first class train coach was more loquacious than her monocled husband who sat beside her, absorbed in his newspaper.
mid 19th century: from French (earlier in the sense 'one-eyed'), from late Latin monoculus 'one-eyed'.