- Sociobiologists would say marriage pattern - whether a society allows polygynous and monogamous marriage, or only monogamy.
- Senegal's 1973 family code obligates grooms to register their intentions at the time of the first marriage - opting for monogamy, limited polygamy with two wives, or full polygamy.
- Serial monogamy is a common marriage pattern and polygyny is practised by a few.
- Marriage is as much a promise of fiscal partnership as of sexual monogamy.
- In today's society, AIDS is a reality and as such, sexual monogamy should be the rule.
- The more likely explanation is that developmental changes occurred that involved greater solidifying of romantic relationships, making stable monogamy more possible.
- Indeed, that male often initiates the nest, giving a strong impression of behavioral monogamy.
- Social monogamy is the prevailing mating system in the vast majority of passeriform birds, but there is some variation among lineages.
- In the population of Tasmanian native hens that we studied, monogamy was the most frequent mating pattern, followed by polyandry, with polygyny and polygynandry the least frequent.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Although people are less likely to marry their first sexual partner nowadays, they are often serial monogamists, enjoying one long-term relationship after another.
- Burns himself is great as Tommy, the serial monogamist who's trying to stay ethical against all odds.
- Within the last twelve months, 32 / 23% of the self-defined monogamists had more than one sexual partner.
Early 17th century: from French monogamie, via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek monogamia, from monos 'single' + gamos 'marriage'.
Palabras que riman con monogamyendogamy, exogamy, heterogamy, homogamy, misogamy
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: mon|og¦amy
Definición de monogamy en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.