Using or speaking only one language: monoglot Irish-speakers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He is the darling of German society magazines and is the kind of multilingual European who puts monoglot Brits to shame.
- Growing up bilingual in English and German, Hobsbawm picked up three or four other languages along the way (he reproves monoglot historians for their provincialism).
- At the 1981 census, there were little over 80,000 speakers, with only a few hundred under the age of five and there are few monoglot speakers above this age.
A person who speaks only one language.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- One group is sure to complain about such an arrangement, and that is the small number of Mainlander Mandarin monoglots.
- Thus Bill Labov is not a monoglot, as it happens, but I don't believe that any of his major contributions depend on his speaking or reading any languages other than English.
- Lest the reader think that I am flexing my achievements here, I should also point out that despite several years of Spanish and some time knocking around in Germany, I'm a hopeless monoglot.
Mid 19th century: from Greek monoglōttos, from monos 'single' + glōtta 'tongue'.
Definición de monoglot en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda