Definición de Monophysite en inglés:
A person who holds that there is only one inseparable nature (partly divine, partly and subordinately human) in the person of Christ.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He drew a distinction between Eutyches, who was condemned for teaching one, rather than two, natures in Christ, and the Monophysites.
- The Copts have been known ever since to the Chalcedonians as Monophysites (from monos, meaning ‘one,’ and physis, meaning ‘nature’).
- One of the attempts made on the Chalcedonian side to produce a formula acceptable to the Monophysites was Monothelitism: the teaching that although there are two natures in Christ, there is only one proper activity.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Having concerned himself with Arianism and Monophysitism, the matter of the Donatist controversy was brought to his attention by his friend Robert Williams.
- Newman's foray into Monophysitism, still operating from the hermeneutic established in his work on Arianism, helped to pave the way for his conversion.
- Just as Newman felt liberal politics was out to use the church for political expediency, he also saw this as an element of Monophysitism.
Late 17th century: via ecclesiastical Latin from ecclesiastical Greek monophusitēs, from monos 'single' + phusis 'nature'.
Definición de Monophysite en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda