Definición de monosyllabic en inglés:
1(Of a word or utterance) consisting of one syllable.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- As they continue to develop, children learn to segment polysyllabic words into syllables as they approach kindergarten age and monosyllabic words into phonemes around first grade.
- Why are there so many syllables in the word monosyllabic?
- Jo answered, spitting out each monosyllabic word.
1.1(Of a person) using brief or few words to signify reluctance to engage in conversation: a monosyllabic footballer
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So I eventually called up the helpline, and the monosyllabic customer advisor at the end of the phone informed me that there was indeed a delay.
- Georges' wife, who works for a successful editor, is concerned: not least for their monosyllabic son, Pierrot, a young swimming champ.
- He is permanently monosyllabic unless the subject happens to be narrow-gauge North American railways, and he never uses a word where a silent, dismissive glare would do.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- My head feels like its going to explode as I sit through the two important meetings I had yesterday, monosyllabically trying to make contributions.
- This emotional tailspin lasted all the way through Sunday, rendering me monosyllabically uncommunicative for the entire duration.
- I responded monosyllabically that yes I would come and talk to him and that was fine.
Palabras que riman con monosyllabicdisyllabic, polysyllabic, syllabic
Definición de monosyllabic en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda