- 1A word consisting of only one syllable.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘No,’ came the monosyllable again and then, as though he felt this needed some reasonable elaboration David added ‘I've been sick.’
- Sadly, he shook his head and replied in a monosyllable: ‘No’.
- I don't believe everything in life can be settled by a monosyllable - Betty Smith, American author.
- 1.1 (monosyllables) Brief words, used when reluctant to engage in conversation: if she spoke at all it was in monosyllablesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When she tried to initiate conversations her friend replied in monosyllables and she soon gave up.
- He tried his best to strike up a conversation with her but she was unresponsive and spoke in monosyllables.
- She tries to strike up a conversation with him, and he responds in monosyllables, clearly not wanting to talk.
Más definiciones de monosyllableDefinición de monosyllable en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.