Definición de monosyllable en inglés:
1A word consisting of only one syllable.
- ‘No,’ came the monosyllable again and then, as though he felt this needed some reasonable elaboration David added ‘I've been sick.’
- Sadly, he shook his head and replied in a monosyllable: ‘No’.
- I don't believe everything in life can be settled by a monosyllable - Betty Smith, American author.
1.1 (monosyllables) Brief words, used when reluctant to engage in conversation: if she spoke at all it was in monosyllables
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When she tried to initiate conversations her friend replied in monosyllables and she soon gave up.
- He tried his best to strike up a conversation with her but she was unresponsive and spoke in monosyllables.
- She tries to strike up a conversation with him, and he responds in monosyllables, clearly not wanting to talk.
Definición de monosyllable en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan