Definición de monotype en inglés:
1 (Monotype) [usually as modifier] Printing , trademark A typesetting machine, now little used, which casts type in metal, one character at a time: Monotype machines
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘Slug machines’ was the term used generically to distinguish these line-casters from the Monotype machine which cast individual pieces of type and assembled the cast types into a line.
- It is only in the last 30 years that computers have replaced the bulky Monotype and Linotype machines that had generated type in much the same way Gutenberg did in the 15th century.
- The fact that he chose Monotype's Times New Roman over Linotype's Times Old Roman is a subtle reminder of the ever-ubiquitous reach of the software giant, one of its licensees.
2A single print taken from a design created in oil paint or printing ink on glass or metal.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘An Exhibition of Watercolors and Monoprints’ will feature 40 watercolors on heavy Whatman paper and monotypes printed with oil paints on paper.
- Around the same time Castiglione was creating monotypes, art historians report that Rembrandt van Rijn was experimenting with monoprints.
- During the past few years, Andrews has begun making lithographs, etchings, monotypes and giclees of fashion-related images.
Definición de monotype en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda