- Having only one type or representative, especially (of a genus) containing only one species.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Gao and Fox indicate that they have identified characters that would separate the three species into three monotypic genera but do not discuss them.
- Both genera are likely monotypic, though some scholars have argued that Brachycephalus includes two previously synonymized species.
- The Podostemaceae consist of about 270 species assigned to about 47 genera, mostly monotypic or oligospecific, reflecting considerable discontinuous variation of morphological characters.
Más definiciones de monotypicDefinición de monotypic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.