Definición de monsoon en inglés:
1A seasonal prevailing wind in the region of South and South East Asia, blowing from the south-west between May and September and bringing rain (the wet monsoon), or from the north-east between October and April (the dry monsoon).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This creates winds that generally blow from the southwest during the summer monsoon and from the northeast from October to April.
- The south-west monsoon from May to October brings heavy rain and heavy seas and can restrict diving.
- Besides, both north-east and south-west monsoons have a higher level of rainfall which may discourage farmers from applying more fertilisers.
1.1The rainy season accompanying the wet monsoon.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- So it's been a long summer, a long hot summer, and once the hot season ends then the monsoon is just now come.
- Following the dry season, the monsoons hit the community in full force; several people drowned, trapped in the city's storm water runoff channels.
- India's dramatic seasons of drought and monsoon can destroy everything a person owns.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Rainfall in the savannah region usually arrives between November and April in heavy bursts from monsoonal depressions or tropical cyclones.
- As monsoonal rains poured down, the Gulf Country of Queensland, and extensive areas of the dry centre, were turned into vast inland seas, isolating pastoral stations and causing heavy cattle losses.
- The climate of the study area is sub-tropical and monsoonal.
Palabras que riman con monsoonafternoon, attune, autoimmune, baboon, balloon, bassoon, bestrewn, boon, Boone, bridoon, buffoon, Cameroon, Cancún, cardoon, cartoon, Changchun, cocoon, commune, croon, doubloon, dragoon, dune, festoon, galloon, goon, harpoon, hoon, immune, importune, impugn, Irgun, jejune, June, Kowloon, lagoon, lampoon, loon, macaroon, maroon, moon, Muldoon, noon, oppugn, picayune, platoon, poltroon, pontoon, poon, prune, puccoon, raccoon, Rangoon, ratoon, rigadoon, rune, saloon, Saskatoon, Sassoon, Scone, soon, spittoon, spoon, swoon, Troon, tune, tycoon, typhoon, Walloon
Definición de monsoon en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en España
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán