Definición de monster en inglés:
- She was made into a horrid, ugly monster.
- From the mountain chain before them emerged a terrifying creature, a monster, a demon to be precise.
- A family sleeping together is safe from things that go bump in the night, whether imaginary monsters or real predators on the savannah.
- Please don't be as uncivilized, thoughtless, and cruel as the monsters who committed these senseless acts.
- She was a fraud, a monster, and a cruel mean beast.
- He became a monster, a cruel and crafty invader who was stopped only by epic courage and perseverance.
- So no ducking under the duvet, then, when your little monster threatens to waken the neighbours, if not the dead, with his wee-small-hours wake-up call.
- If your little monster wants to look even more scary, there are face painters to give them the ultimate Sunday makeover.
- After the better part of an hour I think the little monster was getting tired, finally.
- For my money I got a monster of a sandwich, complete with a side serving of salad and dressing.
- Also, Tony scored a monster of a point after 28 minutes, following an excellent pass from Michael.
- She had a monster of a van ready and was waiting for us.
verbo[with object] British informal Volver al principio
- However, they fear that if this was attempted they would be monstered for being too open or too uncertain about critical areas of public concern.
- Or would he have been monstered for settling for defeat?
- Clearly, anything short of Section 28 restated was going to be monstered.
monitor from early 16th century:
Today's familiar uses of monitor, for a computer or TV screen or for checking the progress or quality of something, date only from the mid 20th century. A much earlier sense was ‘a reminder or warning’, reflecting its origin in Latin monere ‘to warn’, the source also of admonish (Middle English), monster (Late Middle English), and monument (Middle English). A monitor lizard is a large tropical lizard, in Australia also called a goanna (a L19th corruption of iguana), whose name derives from the way its reactions can warn people of the presence of a venomous creature. In schools from the 16th century a monitor was a pupil with responsibility for supervising and disciplining other pupils, who in the past might have done some teaching.
Palabras que riman con monsteroxter • songster
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.