Definición de moonwort en inglés:
A widely distributed fern with a single small frond of fan-shaped lobes and a separate spike bearing the spore-producing organs, growing typically in grassy uplands and old meadows.
- Genus Botrychium, family Ophioglossaceae: several species, in particular B. lunaria
- Apparently moonworts produce only one leaf per year, which is split into two parts: one for photosynthesis and one for producing spores for reproduction.
- Especially in the West, most moonworts are uncommon and hard to find even for known populations.
- Only a small portion of moonwort populations emerge above the forest floor's leaves and needles.
Definición de moonwort en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan