- 1A place where a boat or ship is moored: they tied up at Water Gypsy’s permanent mooringsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The club did not need it, however, because it had no marina facilities - docks, moorings or boat storage.
- Well-tended houseboats line the towpath, berthed at permanent moorings complete with mini-gardens and bankside electricity supply.
- I met up with Ronnie at his boat moorings and after the usual welcome and introduction it was into his flats boat and across the channel to the flats.
- 1.1The ropes, chains, or anchors by or to which a boat, ship, or buoy is moored: the great ship slipped her moorings and slid out into the AtlanticMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There were 25 guests aboard when the boat slipped her moorings.
- Not until they had slipped their moorings and they were well out to sea did Elissa reveal their destination.
- Many fishermen may be unaware of the effect of their activities on the salmon stock or may not know that the buoys around farms indicate the presence of a network of moorings and anchors keeping the farm in place.
Más definiciones de mooringDefinición de mooring en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.