- One way of removing built up floor wax manually, is to mix detergent and ammonia with water and apply to the floor with a mop or sponge.
- First use the duster, then use a wet mop to wipe the floor.
- Use a second cloth or a dry mop to wipe the floor dry.
- There is a broom, dust pan, mop at the camp for your use - please sweep the floor and give it a mop.
- Give them clear instructions and make sure that they stay around after guests have gone to help remove rubbish and to give the floor a mop.
- I am also intelligent, witty and have a large mop of thick blonde hair that controls itself.
- She was a tall, slender woman with an artfully tousled mop of shiny blonde hair.
- He was standing with his back to me, but from this angle, he appeared to have a very nice tan, as well as a shaggy mop of golden blonde hair.
verbo (mops, mopping, mopped)[with object] Volver al principio
- Once I had wrung my clothes out, mopped the walls and soaked up as much as I could from the carpet it didn't look too bad…
- A cleaner mopped the floor of the place I was staying in Greece.
- During his four-month stay in the hospital, he claimed cleaners failed to mop floors and clean basins and furniture.
- Then I noticed Bill mopping at a slight drip from under the rear left wheel arch.
- Joe's children's mess can be swept, hoovered or mopped from its surface.
- I don't know where the time went, but before long it was 10, and then 11 and the barman was calling time, collecting up glasses and mopping the tables.
- He sighed, and used his hand and sleeve to mop his brow, which was now dripping with sweat.
- Lifting an arm, Hoss mopped sweat from his brow.
- Then he started to sweat profusely, mopping at his face and neck with a large red handkerchief.
Verbos con partícula
mop something up (also mop up)
- Complete the military conquest of an area by capturing or killing remaining enemy troops: troops mopped up the last pockets of resistanceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The smaller ones have been mopped up and the merger is seen as a clear signal of the need to create a big company to go after the bigger opportunities waiting to be picked off.
- Remnants of the Taliban are still active in areas along the border with Pakistan, and U.S. forces are trying to mop them up.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Gone are some of the more gaudy touches - his spandex and somewhat slightly less moppy hair have been replaced by simple jeans with a T-shirt.
- Mark was never one to care about his image too badly, his moppy hair, loose t-shirt, and black Dickies hung on his body as proof.
- William took in the sight of the little girl's moppy brown curls that never sat in place, her huge brown eyes and pert little nose and the friendly smile she always gave him and his heart melted all over again.
Late 15th century: perhaps ultimately related to Latin mappa 'napkin'.
Palabras que riman con mopatop, bop, chop, clop, cop, crop, dop, drop, Dunlop, estop, flop, fop, glop, hop, intercrop, knop, kop, lop, op, plop, pop, prop, screw-top, shop, slop, sop, stop, strop, swap, tiptop, top, underprop, whop
- Combine these closures with the mop fair in the autumn and businesses are beginning to lose margins that can never be regained.
- The High Street will be closed again from 10 am tomorrow when the fair ground rides move in again for the second mop fair.
- Among the recollections are the mop and sheep fairs, the railway, the cinema and children's games, like playing with hoops along the High Street.
Late 17th century: probably from the practice at the fair whereby a mop was carried by a maidservant seeking employment.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.