sustantivo[mass noun] Zoology
Regeneration by the transformation of existing body tissues.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If the body of an intact Hydra is severed in two, it regenerates by morphallaxis, which does not require new growth.
- He coined the terms morphallaxis and epimorphosis to describe the two major types of regeneration.
- The result of morphallaxis is usually a smaller but complete individual, derived entirely from the tissues of part of the original animal.
late 19th century: from Greek morphē 'form' + allaxis 'exchange'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Thus, the first key step in this morphallactic regeneration, when the head region is removed, is the specification of a new head region at the cut surface.
- Following this, morphallactic regeneration occurs within the body segments adjacent to the new head.
- In Hydra, regeneration is morphallactic since cell division is unnecessary and a complete Hydra can be regenerated from a piece of the body column.
Definición de morphallaxis en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.