A unit of sound from which all variants of a morpheme can be derived or predicted by rule.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- They are complementary, since for each environment of the unit, its morphophonemes indicate the segments in the corresponding parts of that member of the morpheme which occurs in that environment.
- This tendency of leaving out the morphophoneme " t’ becomes more and more common.
- Stress has its own tier, and I will identify this feature specifically, since stress will determine the choice of the morphophoneme.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Here, I will start with linking from the morphophonemic component to the phonological component.
- Even so, morphophonemic theory has informed much of the orthographic literature, and for good reason.
- The morphophonemic nature of these words makes comprehension of the meaning of such words clear.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: mor¦pho|phon¦eme
Definición de morphophoneme en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda