Definición de mother lode en inglés:
1A principal vein of an ore or mineral.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Based in Walnut Creek and Lotus, Calif. - right by the mother lode that drew the forty-niners out West for the Gold Rush - the business seems isolated, deep in canyon country.
- Bettors look at statistics, angling for some play, some pattern, or a factor someone might have overlooked - much like a gold miner hoping someone's overlooked a nugget here and there or bypassed a mother lode.
- The California 49ers looked upstream hoping to find the mother lode, and that's exactly what they called the system of gold veins they discovered.
1.1A rich source of something: your portfolio holds a mother lode of opportunities
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘I think we hit the emotional mother lode when we met Keith,’ says Rubin.
- The mother lode was struck when the designers hit on a way to improve power management and increase battery life for cell phones and other portable electronics.
- While there have been revisions of Anthony's original insights, he certainly was the first to strike the mother lode.
Definición de mother lode en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda