- 1A principal vein of an ore or mineral.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Based in Walnut Creek and Lotus, Calif. - right by the mother lode that drew the forty-niners out West for the Gold Rush - the business seems isolated, deep in canyon country.
- Bettors look at statistics, angling for some play, some pattern, or a factor someone might have overlooked - much like a gold miner hoping someone's overlooked a nugget here and there or bypassed a mother lode.
- The California 49ers looked upstream hoping to find the mother lode, and that's exactly what they called the system of gold veins they discovered.
- 1.1A rich source of something: your portfolio holds a mother lode of opportunitiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘I think we hit the emotional mother lode when we met Keith,’ says Rubin.
- The mother lode was struck when the designers hit on a way to improve power management and increase battery life for cell phones and other portable electronics.
- While there have been revisions of Anthony's original insights, he certainly was the first to strike the mother lode.
Más definiciones de mother lodeDefinición de mother lode en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.