A small wild sheep with chestnut-brown wool, found in mountainous country from Iran to Asia Minor. It is the ancestor of the domestic sheep.
- Ovis orientalis, family Bovidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hunters, in organised groups of three to four people, will be allowed to shoot mouflons, wild boars, roes, red deer and fallow deer at Christmas.
- They include several mouflons as well as the American bighorn or mountain sheep, O. canadensis.
- Following the introduction and spread of pigs, mouflon sheep, and other alien ungulates, however, it suffered a severe decline.
late 18th century: from French, from Italian muflone.
Definición de mouflon en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.