Definición de mountainous en inglés:
1(Of a region) having many mountains.
- In general, mountainous regions with their steep slopes and deep valleys are eroded fastest.
- Traditional alpine plants come from the mountainous regions of the world.
- Nepal is a mostly mountainous region made up of many small villages.
2Very large; huge: struggling under mountainous debts
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Many very young people find themselves saddled with mountainous debts.
- It is famous for its mountainous debt and its stupendous sales growth.
- The government, meanwhile, is burdened with a debt to rich creditors so mountainous it can simply never be repaid.
huge, enormous, gigantic, massive, very big, very large, great, giant, colossal, mammoth, vast, immense, tremendous, mighty, formidable, staggering, monumental, Herculean, epic, prodigious, monstrous, titanic, towering, king-sized, king-size, gargantuan, substantial
informal mega, monster, whopping, whopping great, thumping, thumping great, humongous, jumbo, hulking, astronomical, astronomic
- Example sentences
- Deficits and the public debt have piled up mountainously since then, and few people care, least of all conservative Republicans.
- First Andrews delivered a flawed and mountainously complex piece of legislation, then he was ambushed by the unions.
- The film is set in Manayacuna, a remote village hidden in the rugged, windblown, mountainously scenic Peruvian hinterland.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan