- 1A backing, setting, or support for something: he pulled the curtain rail from its mountingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The workbench supports and the machine mountings go through the floor into the basement and rest on eight-ton concrete blocks, supported by pistons, which in turn rest on cushions of compressed air.
- Similarly, but less drastically, gems were pried from their mountings to be sold or deployed in a different context.
- Everything from parcel shelf mountings to battery holders and inlet manifolds could be made using these materials and the first cars made from them could be in production within the next five years.
- 2 [mass noun] The action of mounting something: the mounting of rapid-fire gunsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘Now that we have some of those players back, I feel we are capable of mounting that assault,’ said Anderson.
- Villanova Players has been part of the Brisbane community theatre scene for a very long time and has a history of mounting fairly groundbreaking work.
- But that wasn't enough to cover the cost of mounting and promoting the telecasts.
Más definiciones de mountingDefinición de mounting en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.