Definición de mousetrap en inglés:
1A trap for catching and usually killing mice, especially one with a spring bar which snaps down on to the mouse when it touches a piece of cheese or other bait attached to the mechanism.
- You should bait mousetraps with chocolate, not cheese.
- One of Lee's jobs is to keep the office mousetraps constantly replenished with cheese: he has stacks of individual cubes in the fridge.
- Then Bo called him saying, ‘Just watch out when you open the cupboard doors, because I've set some mousetraps.’
verbo[with object] North American informal Volver al principio
a better mousetrap
- An improved version of a well-known article: the people with the better mousetrap will do well[from ‘If a man ... make a better mouse-trap than his neighbour ... the world will make a beaten path to his door’, attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Whether or not one has built a better mousetrap means little if the new improved model cannot be tested.
- During the wild times of the late 90s, they were hailed as a modern manifestation of the American Dream: Build a better mousetrap and the world will make you a market millionaire as soon as your company goes public.
- If someone feels that he can build a better mousetrap than his employer wants to make, he can find a way to make it, market it, and perhaps put his former boss out of business.
Definición de mousetrap en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan