1A trap for catching and usually killing mice, especially one with a spring bar which snaps down on to the mouse when it touches a piece of cheese or other bait attached to the mechanism.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You should bait mousetraps with chocolate, not cheese.
- One of Lee's jobs is to keep the office mousetraps constantly replenished with cheese: he has stacks of individual cubes in the fridge.
- Then Bo called him saying, ‘Just watch out when you open the cupboard doors, because I've set some mousetraps.’
verbo[with object] North American informal Volver al principio
a better mousetrap
- An improved version of a well-known article: the people with the better mousetrap will do well[from ‘If a man ... make a better mouse-trap than his neighbour ... the world will make a beaten path to his door’, attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Whether or not one has built a better mousetrap means little if the new improved model cannot be tested.
- During the wild times of the late 90s, they were hailed as a modern manifestation of the American Dream: Build a better mousetrap and the world will make you a market millionaire as soon as your company goes public.
- If someone feels that he can build a better mousetrap than his employer wants to make, he can find a way to make it, market it, and perhaps put his former boss out of business.
Definición de mousetrap en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.