(US also mustache)
1A strip of hair left to grow above the upper lip.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The soldier is played by Basim Hamed, a willowy, 31-year-old sculptor who shaved his shoulder-length hair and grew a mustache for the part.
- She has a pencil-thin moustache on her upper lip.
- An old man wearing glasses that drooped down to his nose with grey hair and a thin grey mustache above his upper lip stood before us with a grin.
North American informal stash
Scottish & North American mouser
1.1 (moustaches) A long moustache: a clergyman with long grey moustaches
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It took Vyaas 25 years to grow his moustaches, nurturing them with almonds, curd, ghee and lemon every day.
- His hand twitched, as though resisting the urge to rise to his moustaches for a bit of compulsive twirling.
1.2A growth similar to a moustache, or a marking that resembles one, round the mouth of some animals.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Clay-colored can be distinguished from the Chipping by a brown, rather than gray, rump, a darker face pattern, and the absence of a moustache.
- The Nurse Shark has a small mouth with what looks like a moustache to help it find food.
- Izzy is described as a green parakeet with an orangey-red ring around his neck, a big, red beak with a black moustache and 28-inch tail feathers.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- A tall, dark, mustached man stood up and extended a hand toward me.
- A heavily moustached man, upon noticing us, shushes his compadres: ‘Shut up, there are people here!’
- School uniforms would end at high school and schoolteachers would not have to deal with ten-year-old children and moustached young adults within the same institution.
Late 16th century: from French, from Italian mostaccio, from Greek mustax, mustak-.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: mous|tache
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda