Definición de mucilage en inglés:
1A viscous secretion or bodily fluid.
- It has also been suggested that it reduces soil mechanical impedance by means of its secretion of slimy mucilage and by the sloughing of border cells.
- The mucilage is probably secreted by this apical cell.
- Additional mucilage is secreted by rhizosphere microbes.
1.1A polysaccharide substance extracted as a viscous or gelatinous solution from plant roots, seeds, etc., and used in medicines and adhesives.
- Dietary fibre consists of plant material such as cellulose, hemicellulose, pectin, polysaccharides, gums, mucilage and lignin.
- It will thus be a very useful new tool in, for example, investigations of the effects of changing environmental conditions on the metabolism of mucilage and other polysaccharides.
- The root contains mucilage, which is used in China for sizing paper.
1.2North American An adhesive solution; gum or glue.
- Mrs. Williams also brought a pair of blunt-edged scissors, and some mucilage - a thick, brownish liquid that oozed out through a slit in the rubber-slanted cover when you pressed on it just right.
- Because If I see you even take one step out of that chair, I'm going to hog-tie you and gag you, but not before I clamp your jaws shut with mucilage!
- With HotKeys, you can pretty much keep on working even if a fun-loving but unscrupulous co-worker puts mucilage in your mouse.
- Example sentences
- The broad brown fronds are typically about 1 m long and 36 cm wide, with a thick mucilaginous centre rib and lobelike projections at the sides.
- Okra is what is called a mucilaginous vegetable.
- Scooping out handfuls of gooey Vaseline-like grease from a plastic bucket, the performers methodically covered themselves and the sculptures with the mucilaginous lubricant.
Definición de mucilage en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan