(Of an organism or part) having or consisting of many cells.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The evolution of multicellular animals from unicellular protists is one of the key transitions of life on Earth.
- What caused the delay of over a billion years in the evolution of multicellular animals after the evolution of single cell eukaryotes?
- Thus, for instance, all the cells in a multicellular organism represent one clone derived from the fertilized egg.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This supracellular, or organismal, approach towards multicellularity seems to have allowed sessile plants to adapt to life on land and to evolve even within hostile environments.
- This could have been the origin of both multicellularity and the requirement for cell death in multicellular organisms.
- Thus it seems likely that the volvocine algae may retain in their genomes more evidence of the pathway that they followed from unicellularity to multicellularity than members of the major multicellular groups do.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: multi|cel¦lu|lar
Definición de multicellular en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda