Definición de multicellular en inglés:
(Of an organism or part) having or consisting of many cells.
- The evolution of multicellular animals from unicellular protists is one of the key transitions of life on Earth.
- What caused the delay of over a billion years in the evolution of multicellular animals after the evolution of single cell eukaryotes?
- Thus, for instance, all the cells in a multicellular organism represent one clone derived from the fertilized egg.
- Example sentences
- This supracellular, or organismal, approach towards multicellularity seems to have allowed sessile plants to adapt to life on land and to evolve even within hostile environments.
- This could have been the origin of both multicellularity and the requirement for cell death in multicellular organisms.
- Thus it seems likely that the volvocine algae may retain in their genomes more evidence of the pathway that they followed from unicellularity to multicellularity than members of the major multicellular groups do.
Definición de multicellular en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia