- 1A person or thing that multiplies.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They suggest that unemployment policies aimed at individuals have important consequences for other workers at home-a multiplier effect of sorts.
- Agriculture and industry benefited each other through backward and forward linkages that created multiplier effects.
- 1.1A quantity by which a given number (the multiplicand) is to be multiplied.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Coefficients are the multipliers in front of the independent variables in the equation.
- Lay down the multiplicand in the upper row and the multiplier in the lower, with the product in between.
- Thus to find the product of 75 by 75, multiply the last digit of the multiplicand and the multiplier, which gives 25.
- 1.2 Economics A factor by which an increment of income exceeds the resulting increment of saving or investment.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The notion of an autonomous government or investment spending that does not rely on or affect private sector savings is part of the multiplier's myth.
- He argued that where future income might be reduced or a considerable amount of capital invested, there should be a multiplier of four.
- The concept of the multiplier is based on consumption spending and on incomes that derive from expenditure.
- 1.3A device for increasing by repetition the intensity of an electric current, force, etc. to a measurable level.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The frequency of the microwaves is adjusted until the output current of the electron multiplier is maximized, constituting the measurement of the atoms' resonance frequency.
- What other concept promises to be both an economy of force measure and a force multiplier?
- A majority of commercial mass spectrometers utilize an electron multiplier detector, which provides an internally amplified electrical current subsequent to exposure to charged ions.
Más definiciones de multiplierDefinición de multiplier en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.