Definición de multithreading en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Computing
A technique by which a single set of code can be used by several processors at different stages of execution.
- But unlike its predecessor, the Power5 processor includes simultaneous multithreading technology, making it possible to run a total of four software threads per chip.
- Powerful computer operating systems using Microsoft Windows, OS / 2 and Unix support multithreading and multitasking and helped SCSI devices gain in popularity.
- Video game programmers could make hay with multithreading, too, building more sophisticated artificial intelligence engines while simultaneously creating a more realistic 3D environment, he adds.
- Example sentences
- However, as more client applications become multithreaded, dual-core processors will make sense in all product lines, he says.
- These multicore processor-powered boxes are built to run multithreaded software - in particular Java application servers and other virtual machine-happy apps.
- In short: the user will benefit from a dual core processor when he or she is running multithreaded software or working in a true multitasking environment.
Definición de multithreading en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary