Definición de munificent en inglés:
Characterized by or displaying great generosity: a munificent bequest a munificent patron of the arts
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He found himself having to conduct a war on two fronts - with the Americans to be more generous, and with London to accept that Washington would not be as munificent as they desired.
- Both are munificent presents from the Canadian Professor, wafted to us by the Gotham Book Mart.
- Henry Clay Frick left his house and collection to New York in 1919 and Isabella Stewart Gardner was equally munificent to Boston in 1924.
late 16th century: from Latin munificent- (stem of munificentior, comparative of munificus 'bountiful'), from munus 'gift'.
- Example sentences
- Later benefactors included Charles Fairfax Murray, minor Pre-Raphaelite, scholar and picture-dealer, who anonymously and munificently donated forty-six paintings, including the pair by Lely.
- I had the choice to do something more pleasing if I had wished, and I was paid, if not munificently, at least adequately.
- Paul Getty, junior, and Baron Thyssen-Bornemisza contributed munificently to the purchase.
Words that rhyme with munificentmagnificent
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan