Definición de murex en inglés:
sustantivo (plural murices /-rɪsiːz/ or murexes)
A predatory tropical marine mollusc, the shell of which bears spines and forms a long, narrow canal extending downwards from the aperture.
- Genus Murex, family Muricidae, class Gastropoda
- The region around Tyre was well known in the ancient world for its purple dye made from the murex grandaris mollusc.
- In one corner were piles of seashells attractively packaged and framed in boxes for hanging on the wall - cowries and mitre shells, murex and spider shells.
- Tyrian purple, from the shellfish murex, was a dye reserved for the emperor; this dye was worth several times its weight in gold.
Words that rhyme with murexDurex, Lurex
Definición de murex en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan