Definición de musical chairs en inglés:
1A party game in which players compete for a decreasing number of chairs, the losers in successive rounds being those unable to find a chair to sit on when the accompanying music is stopped.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There were plenty of party games such as musical chairs and step-on-the-balloons.
- On the other hand, another long-time children's party game of musical chairs has been accused of breeding violence and of rewarding only the ‘strongest and fastest’.
- These types of games were firmly in the province of small kids who ate jelly and played ‘pass-the-parcel’ and musical chairs at birthday parties.
1.1A situation in which people frequently exchange jobs or positions: the management played musical chairs with the design team
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Throw in the usual growing pains linked to finding suitable premises, skilled staff and a spot of management musical chairs, and you get some sense of how difficult business creation actually is.
- With Bulgaria's top officials playing musical chairs as the new government comes into power, they had better be paying attention to this developing problem.
- This is why, as in Georgia, the Ukraine and Kyrgyzstan, it is foolish for those who really oppose the regimes to imagine that genuine change can come through musical chairs at the top and the hope of support from afar.
Definición de musical chairs en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia