Definición de musicology en inglés:
The study of music as an academic subject, as distinct from training in performance or composition; scholarly research into music.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He studied at the Prague Conservatory and at the Academy of Musical Arts, concurrently studying philosophy and musicology at the university.
- Finally, it is an excellent reference and great resource book for research into several other areas of the vast field of music performance, musicology and sociology.
- She will be studying musicology, the history of music, at the prestigious New York university and had to compete against 60 other candidates to gain full funding for the five-year course.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The musicians, guided by ever more extensive musicological research in the ‘early music’ movement, treat the composer's score as sacrosanct and attempt a high degree of authenticity in its interpretation.
- Frankly, I had not the temperament to take up a musicological career, even as a secondary pursuit.
- He has been delighting audiences for years with works of charm, wit and good-natured humor, products of a lively imagination and strong musicological background paired with a finely honed compositional skill.
Early 20th century: from French musicologie.
Palabras que riman con musicologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, climatology, cosmology, craniology, criminology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, entomology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, oncology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definición de musicology en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda