- 1 [mass noun] A strong-smelling reddish-brown substance which is secreted by the male musk deer for scent-marking and is an important ingredient in perfumery.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The preference for this specific cologne may have something to do with one particular ingredient: musk.
- In China, these deer are now bred in captivity so that their musk can be harvested.
- Even the lightest, most flowery perfumes contain a trace of musk.
- 2 (also musk plant) A relative of the monkey flower, formerly cultivated for a musky fragrance which has been lost in the development of modern varieties.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Mimulus, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, in particular M. moschatus
- With two-thirds of an acre to tend, I stopped growing high-maintenance hybrid teas and turned to rugosas and hybrid musks - they're much easier and very satisfying alternatives.
- 2.1Australian see musk tree.
late Middle English: from late Latin muscus, from Persian mušk, perhaps from Sanskrit muṣka 'scrotum' (because of the similarity in shape of the sac on the abdomen of a male musk deer in which musk is produced).
Más definiciones de muskDefinición de musk en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.