Entrada del diccionario de inglés estadounidense
sustantivo (plural igual or Muskogees)
- 1A member of an American Indian people of SE North America, who formed part of the Creek Indian confederacy.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As white encroachment became more and more aggressive, the Muskogees found themselves on the defensive.
- The Muskogees were defeated and according to custom the captured spoils were divided among the victors.
- It is not generally known, however, that the Muskogees of North Florida were the first major Indian community forcibly removed.
- 2 [mass noun] The Muskogean language of the Muskogee, now all but extinct.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With the help of a Creek student named James Perryman, Presbyterian minister John Fleming created a phonetic alphabet for Muskogee.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Muskogee or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In a similar vein, a woman of Seminole and Muskogee heritage tells of establishing ‘photographic sovereignty’ by assuming ‘responsibility to reinterpret images of Native peoples’.
from Creek ma:skó:ki.