Definición de mussel en inglés:
- ● A marine bivalve which uses byssus threads to anchor to a firm surface (family Mytilidae, order Mytiloidea), including the edible mussel (Mytilus edulis). ● A freshwater bivalve which typically lies on the bed of a river, some species forming small pearls (family Unionidae, order Unionoida).
- The shop also has a wide range of seafood including tiger prawns, mussels, sea bream and breaded crab claws.
- Add the vegetables, watercress and shelled mussels and clams to this, season to taste and serve.
- Extract the meat from most of the mussels and discard the shells.
muscle from Late Middle English:
The ancient Romans saw a resemblance between a flexing muscle in the upper arm and the movements of a mouse. Latin musculus, from mus ‘mouse’, meant ‘little mouse’ and also ‘muscle’. It entered English through French in the 14th century. The edible mollusc the mussel (Old English) is the same word, and the accepted spellings of both words remained variable into the 19th century.
Palabras que riman con musselbustle, muscle, Russell, rustle, tussle
Definición de mussel en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.