Definición de mycelium en inglés:
sustantivo (plural mycelia /-lɪə/)Botany
The vegetative part of a fungus, consisting of a network of fine white filaments (hyphae).
- One to five weeks after the grass seeds germinate, the mycelium, or vegetative filaments of the fungus, migrate to the lower part of the stem.
- Once excreted, the fungal mycelium [the mass of hyphae emanating from the fungus] grows into tiny spheres, about the size of a small pinhead.
- The primary function of the fungal mycelium is absorption of nutrients from the soil, and the translocation of these materials to the host.
- Example sentences
- At this time, the diameter of the macerated area was approximately 6 cm, and mycelial growth and esporulation were evident.
- This is useful for detecting candidal hyphae, mycelial tangles and spores.
- The release of spores and mycelial fragments can be a source of inhalational and dermal exposures.
Definición de mycelium en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan