- (Of a plant) living in association with a mycorrhiza or another fungus which appears to improve the uptake of nutrients.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Preliminary studies demonstrated that broomsedge is a highly mycotrophic species.
- They increase soil organic content, improve microclimatic conditions and enhance the distribution of mycotrophic species.
- Without mycotrophic host plants present on the site to colonize, airborne spores of indigenous mycorrhizae are unable to persist.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The colonization is a specialized form of mycotrophy which enable the plants to survive in poor soils.
- The study results suggest that mycotrophy is favoured by increasing soil organic matter and avoiding heavy fertilization.
- Research showed that the mycotrophy of Scots pine, planted in soil degraded by air pollution, may be considerably improved by planting seedlings with a properly developed ectomycorrhiza.
1920s: from myco- 'of fungi' + Greek trophē 'nourishment'.
Más definiciones de mycotrophicDefinición de mycotrophic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.