sustantivo (plural myopathies)Medicine
A disease of muscle tissue.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Neuromuscular diseases are characterized by progressive weakening of skeletal, respiratory, bulbar, and, in the case of myopathies, cardiac muscles.
- The idiopathic inflammatory myopathies are a group of heterogeneous disorders characterised by acquired progressive muscle weakness and inflammatory infiltrates in skeletal muscle tissue.
- Exercise-induced muscle oxidative stress may be involved in the myopathy associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- His pathologic studies encompassed neurogenic and myopathic muscle disease, transverse myelitis, and multiple sclerosis.
- Most patients had a combination of myopathic features, such as weakness, pain, exercise intolerance, or hypotonia.
- The patient presents at birth or during the first year of life with generalized weakness and characteristic myopathic facies with several physical deformities.
Definición de myopathy en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda