Definición de myotome en inglés:
1The dorsal part of each somite in a vertebrate embryo, giving rise to the skeletal musculature. Compare with dermatome, sclerotome.
- Each somite pair corresponds to a myotome in vertebrates or to an adult segment in annelids and arthropods.
- These tissues are composites of lateral plate derived connective tissues and the migratory population of the myotome.
- Third, the partitioning of different fiber types within the myotome allows homogenous samples of each fiber type to be easily removed and tested in vitro.
1.1Each of the muscle blocks along either side of the spine in vertebrates (especially fish and amphibians). Also called myomere.
- The anatomy of ray-finned fish shows many of the characteristics common to all chordates: pharyngeal slits, a nerve cord, and body wall muscles arranged in myotomes, or segmented blocks.
- The muscles of the body are segmented into blocks called myotomes.
- In vertebrates finally, the organization of muscles into myotomes for swimming has long been considered of crucial adaptative importance.
Definición de myotome en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan