- 1The dorsal part of each somite in a vertebrate embryo, giving rise to the skeletal musculature. Compare with dermatome, sclerotome.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Each somite pair corresponds to a myotome in vertebrates or to an adult segment in annelids and arthropods.
- These tissues are composites of lateral plate derived connective tissues and the migratory population of the myotome.
- Third, the partitioning of different fiber types within the myotome allows homogenous samples of each fiber type to be easily removed and tested in vitro.
- 1.1Each of the muscle blocks along either side of the spine in vertebrates (especially fish and amphibians). Also called myomere.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The anatomy of ray-finned fish shows many of the characteristics common to all chordates: pharyngeal slits, a nerve cord, and body wall muscles arranged in myotomes, or segmented blocks.
- The muscles of the body are segmented into blocks called myotomes.
- In vertebrates finally, the organization of muscles into myotomes for swimming has long been considered of crucial adaptative importance.
Más definiciones de myotomeDefinición de myotome en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.