Definición de myotonia en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Inability to relax voluntary muscle after vigorous effort.
- Myotonic dystrophy, the most common form of muscular dystrophy in adults, affects the eyes, heart, hormonal systems, and blood, in addition to causing muscular dystrophy and involuntary muscle stiffness (myotonia).
- Hereditary defects in the channels are known to cause many diseases, including dominant and recessive myotonia, Bartter's syndrome, and Dent's disease.
- In several small studies, selenium supplementation seemed to have an effect on myotonia.
- Example sentences
- In addition, diseases resulting in impaired contraction of striated muscle, such as myasthenia gravis or myotonic dystrophies, may demonstrate similar abnormalities.
- The researchers will focus on myotonic and facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophies.
- And I went to the clinic to see if I had a thing called myotonic muscular dystrophy, which is also known as Steinert's disease.
Definición de myotonia en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan