Definición de myriapod en inglés:
An arthropod of a group that includes the centipedes, millipedes, and related animals. Myriapods have elongated bodies with numerous leg-bearing segments.
- Classes Chilopoda, Diplopoda, Pauropoda, and Symphyla; formerly placed together in the class Myriapoda
- More problematic are the relationships of the four major groups, hexapods (including insects), crustaceans, myriapods (including centipedes and millipedes), and chelicerates (including spiders).
- Living among these early land plants were a diverse selection of arthropods, including spiders, mites, myriapods and collembolids.
- This implies that water-to-land transition occurred at least three times (hexapods, myriapods, arachnids) during the evolution of the Arthropoda.
Definición de myriapod en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary