- 1An evergreen shrub which has glossy aromatic foliage and white flowers followed by purple-black oval berries.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Myrtus communis, family Myrtaceae (the myrtle family). This family also includes several aromatic plants (clove, allspice) and many characteristic Australian plants (such as eucalyptus trees and bottlebrushes)
- When I moved into my bungalow about 20 years ago, I inherited a shrub which I was given to understand is a myrtle: it is a bushy evergreen with small, dark green, glossy, pointed leaves.
- A heady, often impenetrable mix of shrubs, herbs and wild flowers, such as lavender, myrtle, marjoram and thyme, its elusive scent permeates everything from the wine to the honey.
- Between the ruins grew cypresses and oleanders, hibiscus, myrtle and wild roses.
late Middle English: from medieval Latin myrtilla, myrtillus, diminutive of Latin myrta, myrtus, from Greek murtos.
Más definiciones de myrtleDefinición de myrtle en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.