A teacher or propounder of mystical doctrines.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- John the Evangelist thus becomes the perfect type of the mystic, and also the perfect mystagogue, teacher of the mystical path.
- He imagines the church as a community of ‘mystagogues,’ attuned, disciplined, perceptive and nimble.
- And, as I have argued elsewhere, Mallarme does not hesitate to appropriate for himself the status of the mystagogue / joker that many of his contemporaries perceive him to be.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They cannot be rightly understood except by persons who undergo a kind of mystagogy, enabling them to glimpse the transcendent through concepts derived from finite things.
- It is also here that he is most Catholic, by centering his proposal in sacramental theology and a robust mystagogy.
- But there are problems with Ambrose's mystagogy.
Mid 16th century: from French, or via Latin from Greek mustagōgos, from mustēs 'initiated person' + agōgos 'leading'.
Definición de mystagogue en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda