Definición de mythopoeia en inglés:
The making of a myth or myths.
- For, as noted above, Tasso's is the first vernacular poem to mold Musaeus in the Ovidian heroic manner: apostrophe, ethopoeia and digressive mythopoeia abound.
- A long phase of reverence for rationality subverted his original, spiritually frenetic passion for tragic mythopoeia.
- He is the only one who relates mythopoeia to the dynamism of human imagination.
1950s: from Greek muthopoiia, from muthos 'myth' + poiein 'make'.
- Example sentences
- The approach is primarily mythopoeic, recognising that spiritual truths are better understood by means of allusion and symbol rather than through doctrine.
- In the period before political independence, Francophone prose was typically elevated, extravagant, mythopoeic, and laced with surreal fantasy or utopian symbolism.
- These psychogenetic affinities and ambiguities between carnal desires, cannibalism, death, and rebirth form the core symbolism of the mythopoeic imagery.
- Example sentences
- Through experiences of community, rituals, and teachings, the mythopoetic men sought to overcome negative images of masculinity by creating new ones (or retrieving ancient ones) from myths and poems.
- We hedonists have a mythology of our own, symbolized by a mythopoetic demi-god who loves a good drink and frowns on those who would keep him from it.
- No less powerfully mythopoetic than the classical image of the disease, the demonological model envisioned the hysterical anesthesias, mutisms, and convulsions as stigmati diaboli or marks of the devil.
Definición de mythopoeia en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan