- 2A person of conspicuous wealth or high status.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She is his insurance beneficiary; the rest of the nabob's once substantial wealth has mysteriously evaporated.
- Now that the series has been pencilled in for another 10 years, perhaps the GAA nabobs might consider giving the manager's job to the one man who deserves it the most.
- Or rather the network nabobs think they appreciate him, but he's crossed the pond twice to discuss a possible career-making TV deal, to no avail.
- 2.1 • historical A person who returned from India to Europe with a fortune.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Visram explains, ‘Indian servants were a symbol of the exalted status of the newly enriched India returned nabob.’
- This is nonetheless the India of economic potential, the place where the fortunes of adventurous nabobs were made.
from Portuguese nababo or Spanish nabab, from Urdu; see also nawab.