- A fine, soft cotton fabric, originally from South Asia.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For an undergarment of this style, nainsook, batiste, long-cloth and cambric are the best materials.
- Nainsook and lawn were made in extra fine, fine and regular cottons with the extra fine nainsook having a silk finish.
- This fabric dates back to seventeenth century India when it was sometimes called nansook, nyansook or nainsook and was thought to give ‘pleasure to the eye’.
late 18th century: from Hindi nainsukh, from nain 'eye' + sukh 'pleasure'.
Más definiciones de nainsookDefinición de nainsook en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.