A blind and hairless mole rat living in large underground colonies in East Africa. The colony structure is similar to that of social insects, with only one pair breeding and most other individuals acting as workers.
- Heterocephalus glaber, family Bathyergidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I'd like to see a Malagasy giant rat though, and a Coue's rice rat, and a naked mole rat, and even a big smelly cane rat.
- Damaraland mole rats, along with the closely related naked mole rats, are the only known mammals that are eusocial - that is, they live in social colonies with a division of labor among members.
- The trio did suspect they were something like social insects, and even naked mole rats have an ant-like social order.
Definición de naked mole rat en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.