1An Australian fern with long stalks bearing either silvery-green clover-like lobes or woody globular cases containing spores, growing typically in water in areas of intermittent flooding.
- Marsilea drummondii, family Marsiliaceae
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Eventually, in his final entry, he writes ‘I am weaker than ever although I have a good appetite, and relish the nardoo much, but it seems to give no nutriment….’
- This five-page factsheet looks at Common nardoo which forms dense swards following flooding, and forms a dominant component of the groundcover layer.
- Two Australian explorers, Burke and Wills, starved to ‘death’ eating Nardoo.
1.1 [mass noun] A food made from the spores of the nardoo, traditionally eaten by Aborigines: [as modifier]: nardoo flour
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Recent investigations can explain far more than the basis for such practices as the Aboriginal preparation of nardoo, or the true cause of death of two national heroes.
- Apparently the plant is supposed to be nardoo, an indigenous wetlands plant from which, as that page points out, ‘Nutritious food can be made… if it is prepared correctly.’
- The natives prepared nardoo by pulverizing the sporocarps on a flat, hollowed-out stone and then mixing the nardoo flour with water.
Mid 19th century: from an Aboriginal language.
Palabras que riman con nardooaccrue, adieu, ado, anew, Anjou, aperçu, askew, ballyhoo, bamboo, bedew, bestrew, billet-doux, blew, blue, boo, boohoo, brew, buckaroo, canoe, chew, clew, clou, clue, cock-a-doodle-doo, cockatoo, construe, coo, Corfu, coup, crew, Crewe, cru, cue, déjà vu, derring-do, dew, didgeridoo, do, drew, due, endue, ensue, eschew, feu, few, flew, flu, flue, foreknew, glue, gnu, goo, grew, halloo, hereto, hew, Hindu, hitherto, how-do-you-do, hue, Hugh, hullabaloo, imbrue, imbue, jackaroo, Jew, kangaroo, Karroo, Kathmandu, kazoo, Kiangsu, knew, Kru, K2, kung fu, Lahu, Lanzhou, Lao-tzu, lasso, lieu, loo, Lou, Manchu, mangetout, mew, misconstrue, miscue, moo, moue, mu, new, non-U, nu, ooh, outdo, outflew, outgrew, peekaboo, Peru, pew, plew, Poitou, pooh, pooh-pooh, potoroo, pursue, queue, revue, roo, roux, rue, Selous, set-to, shampoo, shih-tzu, shoe, shoo, shrew, Sioux, skean dhu, skew, skidoo, slew, smew, snafu, sou, spew, sprue, stew, strew, subdue, sue, switcheroo, taboo, tattoo, thereto, thew, threw, thro, through, thru, tickety-boo, Timbuktu, tiramisu, to, to-do, too, toodle-oo, true, true-blue, tu-whit tu-whoo, two, vendue, view, vindaloo, virtu, wahoo, wallaroo, Waterloo, well-to-do, whereto, whew, who, withdrew, woo, Wu, yew, you, zoo
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: nar¦doo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda