Pronounce or utter (a speech sound) with the breath resonating in the nose: (as adjective nasalized) a nasalized vowel
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The first small problem with the Reuters article is that the usual spelling for the language is ‘Pirahã’, with a tilde over the final /a/, indicating that the vowel is nasalized.
- In southern England, the vowel is nasalized and long.
- Also, the nasal cavity can be closed thus preventing vowels from being nasalised and thus increasing their comprehensibility.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The reason that there is no "ng’ sound is that this alphabet treats that nasal consonant as a feature of the vowel - not a separate nasal consonant, but a vowel produced with nasalization.
- As an alternative, bind is a common verb that is phonetically very similar to bide - the /n/ will generally be realized in fluent speech only as nasalization of the preceding vowel.
- I myself must confess to saying obstinant, inordinant and indiscriminant, with nasalization from the preceding nasal misinterpreted as belonging to the suffix.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: na¦sal|ize
Definición de nasalize en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda